what i want from cap 3 is sam and steve busting their asses going across the world looking for bucky and endangering their lives...
I was tagged by nellycakess
1) I’ve lived in three different states, all on the East Coast: New Jersey, New York, Virginia
2) I work in Association Management which is one of those professions that no one understands until they are working it. I’ve been in this job almost 5 years and I can barely explain it.
3) I LOVE BSG but Grey’s Anatomy is the one and only actual my favorite show of all time. I have zero shame in admitting this, I just forget sometimes.
4) I’ve had a LiveJournal since January 2001. I stopped consistently posting to it around 1 1/2 - 2 years ago but still miss it being my home on the web.
5) I have 4 tattoos and one of these days when I have the time and money I plan to get more.
Not tagging anyone in particular but feel free to fill it out if you want to!
Have finally listened to the new New Pornographers album. They are still my faves.
So I’m cripplingly shy, right? Yesterday, I told two of my students how to make friends in college. I was not the person to ask, students! I know I’m a very approachable instructor, but it’s all an act!
My advice was sit with people in the dining hall! Wear shirts with stuff you like on them! Form study groups! Join clubs! Don’t go home every weekend!
I should have said play music you really like pretty loud. That’s how I eventually made friends with someone besides my roommate.
Hopefully grouping them together in class will get them some friends.
True story. majorgenerally (who I had actually briefly met at orientation the year before and briefly bonded with over dads in the military) and her roommate were my next door neighbors freshman year. I walked past their room EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR TWO MONTHS and lovingly admired all of their cool door decorations. I heard their music through my wall. I made fast friends with other people but still thought to myself a dozen times I should really be concentrating on becoming friends with these two because when the universe introduces you to your person(s) you know. It took walking past their room and seeing my awful, horrible roommate in their talking to them to get me talking to them.
We went from strangers to the bestest greatest BFFs in a heartbeat and they are still two of my favorite people in the entire universe.
College is strange and scary but your people are out there. If you get super lucky they are right next door.